Privacy & Cookies (yum)
Looking after your information
Our policy aims to answer common questions that people ask about how we protect your data.
Our promise to you
The Mental Movement is committed to protecting your privacy. We will always keep your personal information safe and will never sell it to a third party. We will be clear and open with you about why we collect your personal information and about how we use it.
Who’s in control of your information?
We never lose sight of the fact that it is your personal information and you own it and can choose who has access to it and how its processed.
We are registered as ‘Data Controllers’ with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Details are published on a register on the ICO website where you can also find lots of useful information about Data Protection, what it means to you as an individual and how it applies to businesses.
The law within the European Economic Area gives those whose personal data is held by The Mental Movement specific rights to access and rectify personal data held about them. These include the right to:
- to obtain from The Mental Movement, confirmation that personal data is held, as well as a written description of such personal data, the purpose(s) for which it is being used, the source(s) of the personal data and details of any recipients
- request rectification of personal data which is inaccurate
- request deletion of data where there is no need for The Mental Movement to keep it
- request The Mental Movement stops processing associated with your personal data
- request we provide you the personal data you have provided us in an electronic format eg CSV file
- object to any unsolicited information sent by The Mental Movement regarding promotions or new products and services.
If any individual wishes to contact The Mental Movement regarding the personal data held about them or has any other question about The Mental Movement’s data privacy procedures, they should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The questions you want the answers to:
1. How do you obtain personal data?
- From contact forms completed by clients
- From enquiries made by potential clients and interested parties, (including information gathered at marketing events and via The Mental Movement website)
- From networking events where business cards are shared
- From existing contacts who make referrals passing on personal data to The Mental Movement
2. What types of personal data do you collect?
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data in the form of cookies
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
3. How do you use the personal data you hold?
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are interested in and enables us to deliver improved products and services. Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To improve the products and services we provide
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the website for you
- To send you promotional emails about information, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
4. How do you store the data you collect?
If you are a client that completes a contract it will be saved to an encrypted hard drive file and the original file will be deleted from email. For your information, any written notes taken during client sessions are anonymised, as are subsequent electronic records which are also password protected and saved to an encrypted hard drive.
5. How long do you retain the personal data you hold?
If you are a client, no longer than one year after you cease being a client. Therefore if you want to work with us again at a later date, we may ask you to complete a new contract and resupply your details.
Details provided to Eventbrite or via my website will be retained indefinitely.
As part of The Mental Movement’s commitment to compliance with data privacy requirements, we may update the terms of this policy from time to time.
If any individual wishes to contact The Mental Movement regarding the personal data held about them or has any other question about our data privacy procedures, they should direct an email to email@example.com.
There have been no material changes to this policy since it was last updated in May 2018.
“I love working with Hana. She understands what it’s like to make a positive change in your life and follow your dreams because she’s lived it herself. She carries great experience. She’s authentic as well as great fun to work with and highly supportive. If you want to make some changes in your life, get Hana on board and make them happen.”Regine, Sheen